Mar 23, 2011

Commit to filling in one more petition form

One fall in college I decided to run on the cross country team.  I wasn't very good but it was an excellent way to get in shape for my preferred sport.  All went well until the Friday practice when the coach announced that we were going to run a marathon.  My first thought was, "These guys are nuts.  26 miles?  No way!"  I didn't think I could do it.  But I did.  I ran the whole 26 miles.


We didn't ask for this recall.  Two months ago we had no idea that we would be standing in the rain, snow and sun asking our friends and neighbors to sign a petition form.  Sometimes it feels like a marathon but we know the satisfaction we will feel when we get to the finish line.  It is the right thing to do for our friends, families and community.


We are well past the half way point and now a second wind is providing the energy to finish the race.  A simple way to give ourselves that little spurt of energy is to commit to filling in one more petition form (10 signatures) over the next 5 days.  That would mean thousands of signatures - a huge impact and maybe enough to push us over the finish line. 
 
So print out the attached petition form.  Fill it in and mail it back or drop it off at one of the drive-thru locations.  Thank you again for your outstanding effort.



Let's keep in mind why we are doing this.  Senator Wirch abandoned his constituents.  He quit in the middle of the race.  He didn't finish.  We will finish and we will finish him in the process.


Let's make history together,

Dan